Two And A Half Million Employees Still on Furlough
According to official numbers released by the ONS, 9% of employees are still on Furlough, which is just over 2.5 million people.
Here are some of the main points;
- 9% of employees on Furlough.
- 44% of furloughed employees are not being paid a top up meaning they are on 80% of pay
The numbers of people on Furlough is not spread out evenly. Here are some examples of both high and low areas;
- 30% of employees in the Arts, Entertainment & Recreation sector are still on Furlough
- 27% in Accommodation and Food
- 15% in Transport
- 14% of Administrative roles
- 3% of Waste Management
- 4% in IT
- 4% in Health and Social Work
- 5% in Education
As there are just over 28 million employees, the 9% quoted above means that there are still approximately 2.5 million of us still on Furlough.
Want to learn more?
You can read the ONS press release here.
Total number of employees here.
The ONS is the Office for National Statistics, and is the official government agency for UK stats.
Find out more about NewsbrokerUK here